Aadhar is a 12-digit Unique Identification Number provided to each and every Citizen of India based on their Biometric and Demographic Data. The Whole information regarding the Aadhar is stored in the Central Database. The Database is maintained by the central government’s agency known as “Unique Identification Authority of India”. In order to have better security, you must update and verify Mobile and Email Address. Also, you should verify your Aadhar Number. Here in this article, I will provide you information about how you can Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card.
Why should you Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card?
- Due to some reason, you have lost your Acknowledge slip you received at the time of Application for your Aadhar Card, by verifying your Mobile Number, you will be able to get the details about your Aadhar Number and Enrolment Number easily.
- If you want to download your Aadhar card at any instant, your mobile number should be verified, as you will receive OTP at your registered mobile number.
- If your Mobile Number and Email Address are verified, it will be beneficial to you on various occasions.
Here, in this article, I will provide you the step-by-step procedure to Update or Verify Email and Mobile Number linked with Aadhar Number.
How can you Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card?
Follow the simple steps as given below:
1. Head over to the government’s official UIDAI website. To visit, click on this link.
2. Now you will be able to view the section of “Aadhar Online Services”.
3. Now click on the link which shows, “Verify Email/ Mobile Number” given under the Aadhar Services section.
4. As soon as you click, you will be redirected to the resident UIDAI’s portal.
5. Now you have to Enter Details as shown in the page as Aadhar Number, Email or Mobile Number, whatever you want to verify, then enter the security code as displayed in the image and finally click on the Generate Verification Code.
6. Now you will receive the code at your Email or Mobile Number, whichever you have requested. Enter the code in the box provided and then click on Verify.
As soon as you complete this procedure, your Mobile Number or Email ID will be verified. By doing this verification, you will be able to perform various things effortlessly.
Offline Method to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
You can also update the status of your Mobile Number via Offline Method also. To Update the status of following the simple steps as given below:
1. Download the Aadhar Card Correction form from this link.
2. Now, take one print out of the form and select “Mobile” option from the field.
3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhar Number and then fill all the details as mentioned in your Aadhar Card.
4. Please make sure, you have to enter the form in both the language, English and in your local language as mentioned in your Aadhar card. Also, you have to Enter the whole information in CAPITAL LETTERS.
5. Now, enter the mobile number you want to update.
6. Mention the details of the document you attach with your Correction form.
7. Enter all the details appropriately and then check the form 2 times.
8. Lastly, put the form in a nice Envelope and Mention “Aadhar Correction Form” on the top of your Envelope.
9. Mention your Name and Address on the Envelope.
10. The last step, send the form to any of the Address as given below:
Box No.10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001.
UIDAI Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034.
In order to have better security, you should also verify your Aadhar Number. To verify your Aadhar Number visit this link.