How to Update Aadhar Card Details / Aadhar Card Correction: Are you looking for updating your Aadhar card status? Then, you have reached the right place. Here we will provide you complete information about How to update Aadhar card details.
Aadhar is 12-Digit Unique Identification number that is provided to each and every citizen of India based on their Demographic as well as Biographic data. Aadhar card is the only document that contains ID proof as well as address proof and is validated by the Government of India. All the data of the Aadhar card are maintained in the central database.
Read More: Link Pan Card with Aadhar Card
Update Aadhar Card Details / Aadhar Card Correction
As all the details of Aadhar card are maintained centrally, then it is fact that there may be spelling mistakes in the first name, last name, or middle name, or in the address, etc. If your information in your Aadhar card is incorrect, then you should follow the procedure given below.
Read More: Link Your Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
How to update Aadhar card details Online?
If your Mobile number in the Aadhar card is correct, then you can update your information online. Follow the simple procedure in order to update the Aadhar card status:
- First of all, login to the official self-service portal of Aadhar card,
- Now, you have to enter your Aadhar card number in the required field.
- Then you have to enter the Text Verification number that is appearing in the field.
- Next, You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, you can use OTP to login into your Account. The OTP is mainly sent in order to verify that the details of your Aadhar are not being changed by anyone.
- In the next step, you will reach “Data Update Request” on this page, you have to which data is not correct and how you wish to update the data. Here, be conscious while entering the information as this information will be reflected later on your Aadhar card. After this, you have to fill the Contact and personal details.
- Now, on the next page, i.e. “Documents required” page, you have to upload an official copy of a document that validates the required change. For ex: if there is any change in the name, then you have to provide a document which has the correct name. You have to provide an ID proof.
- After completion of this process, you have to select the BPO service provider on the next page. You have to select anyone from Aegis or Karvy and finally click on “Submit”.
- Lastly, you can download the copy of the Updated verification.
Read More: Check Aadhar Card Status
How to update Aadhar card via Post?
In this process, you have to send Aadhar Application form via Post. Here, you have to download the Aadhar Correction/ Update Form.
Fill the form with all the required details and attach all the required documents can send UIDAI enrollment centers across the country.
You can check Documents required for Aadhar card Correction
You can send Aadhar card via the post on any of the Following address:
Post Box Number 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001
Post Box Number 99,
Hyderabad – 500034
Read More: Aadhar Card Download
Things to keep in mind while updating Aadhar card
Essential things to keep in mind while updating Aadhar card
- Please ensure that the information that you have entered in the Aadhar card is correct.
- The documents that you have attested should be the part of documents that are mentioned in the list of documents.
- Fill all the details in English as well as in your local language.
- If you are updating information online, please check that your name is correct.
- While updating details offline, fill the form in Capital Letters only.
- Fill all the details that are compulsory.
- Don’t mention any kind of salutation or title in the beginning.
- Attach all the necessary documents that are useful for changing the data. For ex, while making changes in DOB, please attach the copy that is accepted as DOB.
- After few days, you will receive your updated Aadhar card on your registered address.
- All the documents should be attached in the form by you. If the Aadhar card is of Minor, then documents can be attested by parents.
We hope that you got all the Essential Information about How to Update Aadhar card details.
Read More: Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card