Aadhar is a 12-digit Unique Identification Number provided to each and every citizen of India on the basis of their Biometric and Demographic data. The whole data is stored in the central database. It is maintained by the “Unique Identification Authority of India”. It is also the world’s biggest national identification number project. Here I will provide you complete guidance about how to get your Lost Aadhar Number.
Due to one or the other reason, you have lost your acknowledge slip received at the time of application of Aadhar Card. The Acknowledge slip contains Enrolment number and the Aadhar Number.
Lost Aadhar Number
Here I will provide you all the essential steps to get the details of your Lost Aadhar Number. Using the steps given below, you will be able to retrieve the information of your Aadhar Card.
How to get the details of your Lost Aadhar Number?
Follow simple steps as follows:
1. First of all, visit the government’s official website of UIDAI. For this, click here.
2. Now scroll down the page and view the section of Aadhar Online Services.
3. Now, you can view Aadhar Enrolment section, in that click on the link which shows, “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”.
4. Then you will be redirected to a new page which will display the same image as shown below. From this page, select Aadhar Number(UID) or Enrolment Number(EID) based on your requirement.
5. Enter all the mandatory details like Full name, Mobile Number, Email and lately enter the number as displayed in the image.
6. Now click on Get OTP. You will now receive OTP at the Mobile Number you provided within next 3 mins.
7. Finally, enter the OTP in the given box and then click on ‘verify OTP’.
Now you will receive details of your Aadhar Number or the Enrolment Number in your mobile number.
Download Aadhar Card
Using this information, you will be now able to download your E-Aadhar card from its official website.
Steps to download Aadhar Card is as follows:
1. Head over to the government’s official website of UIDAI. Click here.
2. Now you will view the form as shown in the image below.
3. Select Aadhar, if you want to get your E-Aadhar Card.
4. Now enter all the essential details such as Aadhar Number, Full Name, Pin Code linked with your Aadhar card and enter the number as shown in the image.
5. Now you have to click on Get One Time Password.
6. You will then receive OTP at your Registered Mobile Number within next 3 mins.
7. Enter the OTP and then click on “Validate and Download”.
8. Now your Aadhar Card will be downloaded in your device in PDF Format. You will just be able to view the Aadhar Card as it will be password protected.
Note: The password of the PDF file will be your Pincode. Let’s say your Pincode is 5678, then the password of your PDF File will be 5678.
Get Duplicate Aadhar Card
If you are unable to find the details of your Lost Aadhar Number by any means. You can get the duplicate Aadhar Card by following the steps as given below:
First and foremost, contact UIDAI using its Toll-Free Number and provide them all the essential details such as name, number, address, date of birth, phone number, etc. Contact details of UIDAI are as follows:
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI),
Government of India (GoI),
3rd Floor, Tower II, Jeevan Bharati Building,
New Delhi – 110001
Toll-Free Number: 1947
Fax: 080-2353 1947
Letters: PO Box 1947, GPO Bangalore – 560001
Firstly call the Toll-Free Number of UIDAI and provide all the important details to the UIDAI representative. Then UIDAI will send you Duplicate Aadhar Card at your registered address, registered Email and your Registered Mobile Number.
If you are not able to Contact UIDAI using Call or Email, visit the local Aadhar Card office, submit all the important documents you submitted at the time of registration of your Aadhar Card.
If you are unable to contact UIDAI by any of the above methods, then contact the UIDAI’s regional office. Provide them all the Original Documents you submitted at the time of Application of your Aadhar Card.
Apart from this, there is no other online system using which you can generate Duplicate Aadhar Card or Enrolment Number. So it will be somewhat difficult for your to get Duplicate Aadhar Number.
By following all the steps as given in this guide, you will be able to get the complete information about your lost Aadhar Number.