How to Apply for Aadhar Card: You have still don’t applied for Aadhar Card. Are you still planning to apply for Aadhar Card? For all people who don’t know, Aadhar is a unique Identification Number that is provided to all the Citizens based on their Biometric as well as Demographic Data. In case, you don’t know, the Government of India is providing lots of Benefits to all the people who have Aadhar card. So, don’t wait and apply straight away for the Aadhar Card. Here, we will provide you complete details about How to Apply for Aadhar card.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card
Read More: Aadhar Card Customer Care Toll-Free Number
Aadhar is basically a Unique Identification of Each and Every Citizen of India. All the Information of the Aadhar card is stored in the Central Database. As per Government of India, each and every Citizen of India should possess an Aadhar card, as it is used in various legal activities. Besides this, there are a numerous number of benefits associated with the Aadhar card.
Process to Apply for Aadhar Card
Step by Step Procedure to Apply for Aadhar is as follows:
- In order to apply for the Aadhar Card, you will first require “Aadhar Application Form”. Click on the link below to download the Aadhar Application Form.
- Here you have to first fill the “Enrollment Center”. Please be sure to fill the Enrollment Center correct and then fill the form with all the essential details required.
- Now, at the Aadhar Enrollment Center, you have to give your Eye-Scan, Fingerprint and the Passport size Photo to the Aadhar card Representative.
- Now you will get a temporary slip or the receipt of the Aadhar card from the Aadhar card representative as a part of Acknowledgement.
- Later, all the data that you have provided will be verified and according to your details, you will receive your Aadhar Card by Post.
- Nextly, you have to provide the Proof of Identity. The Proof of Identity consists of Photo and a Name. Below is the list of documents that are valid for Proof of Identity.
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- Ration card
- NGERS Job card
- Government Photo ID card
- Arms License
- Photo Credit Card
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Kishan Photo Passbook
- Bank Passbook with Photo
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- ECHS/ CGHS Photo Card
- PSU Issued Service Photo ID card
- Certificate of Identity issued by Tehsildar on letterhead or Government Gazetted Officer
- Disability ID card
- Photo ID Card Issued by the recognized educational Institutions
- PSU Issued Service Photo Identity Card
- Address card that has name and photo provided by the Department of Posts.
- Next is, you also have to submit a Proof of Address to the Aadhar Card Representative. Documents that are accepted as the Proof of Address are as follows:
- Bank Passbook
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Gas Connection Bill
- Water Bill
- Voter ID
- Post Office Account Passbook
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Landline Bill
- Government Photo ID Cards or PSU Issued Service Photo Identity card
- Property tax receipt
- Credit Card Statement
- Insurance Policy
- Kissan Passbook
- Arms License
- Signed Letter by Bank having photo on letterhead
- National Rural Employment Generation Scheme job card
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Pensioner Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Passport of Parents if minor
- Certificate of address issued by MP, MLA or Gazetted Officer or Village Panchayat or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Rent/lease/registered sales agreement
- Caste & Domicile Certificate issued by State Government
- Arms License
- ECHS/ CGHS Card
- Registered Lease/ Sale/ Rent Agreement
- Address Card that has photo and is issued by the Department of Posts
- Passport of Spouse
- Disability ID Card or handicapped medical certificate that is issued by the respective State or Union Territory Government or Administrators.
- The Last Documents that will be needed to apply for Aadhar card is “Proof of Date of Birth“. Documents that are accepted as the Proof of Date of Birth are as follows:
- Birth Certificate issued by State Municipal Corporation
- SSLC Certificate or Book.
- PAN Card.
- Government Photo ID Cards or PSU Issued Photo Identity Card that contains the DOB.
- Certificate of Date of Birth that is issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on a letterhead.
- State or Central Pension Payment Order.
- Mark sheet that has been issued by any Government University or Board.
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Card.
If you want to verify your Aadhar Information then you can check it here. Verify Aadhar Number
After you submit all the Documents along with your Biometric data to the Aadhar card Centre and then all the data you have submitted will be verified and you will receive Aadhar card after 4 to 6 weeks. Your Aadhar card will be sent to your registered address via post.