Aadhar Status: Aadhar is basically a 12-digit unique identification number which is provided to each and every citizen of India based on the Biometric and Demographic Data. All the Information is collected by the Central Government Agency popularly known as “Unique Identification Authority of India” and is stored in the central database. It is also considered as the world’s biggest Unique Identification Project. You can check the Aadhar Status Online using your Enrolment Number. Aadhar is the world’s largest biometric ID system in the world, and over 1.133 billion members are enrolled for Aadhar as of 31st March 2017.
Aadhar came into existence by the provisions of the Aadhar Act 2016 which led to the formation of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is a 12 digit unique number issued to all the residents of India. Aadhar is not a proof of identity and rather an identity number issued on the basis of the demographic and biometric data of the citizens. Aadhar acts as a Proof of Identity and Proof of Address. Aadhar is the most widely accepted documents and used for obtaining the benefits like LPG subsidy and other rural employment allowances.
- 1 Aadhar Card Status
- 2 How to check the Aadhar Status online without Enrolment?
- 3 How to check the status of Aadhar Card using Phone?
- 4 How to check the status of your Aadhar Card using the India Post?
Aadhar Card Status
You can view the Aadhar Status Online using UIDAI’s Portal or with the help of Text Message from Phone.
Aadhar Enrolment Procedure
A person planning to get Aadhar needs to approach an Aadhar enrolment center with the necessary documents like his/her Proof of Identity and Proof of Address. Documents such as Passport, Pan Card or Voter Card are usually the most common Proof of Identity and Proof of Address documents that are accepted. Additionally, the enrollee must submit a letter from his/her local electoral ward councilor certifying his/her residency in that ward.
After submission of documents, the biometric data of the enrollee are taken. These data include the details of iris scan and fingerprint scan. A photo is also taken from the enrollee, and the same photo appears on the Aadhar card. Once all the details are uploaded on the system, the enrollee is provided a receipt with the enrolment number, through which the enrollee has the option to check the status of his Aadhar card once his/her Aadhar is prepared.
Check Aadhar Status Online
Follow essential steps to check Aadhar Status Online.
1. First and Foremost, visit the official website of UIDAI. To visit, click on this link.
2. Next, you will observe the Aadhar online services, you will observe a section which displays Aadhar Enrolment Section.
3. Now click on the link which shows “Check Aadhar Status“.
4. As soon as you click on this page, you will be redirected to another page where you can check your Aadhar Status.
5. Now you have to Enter all the compulsory details on the page as follows:
Enter your Enrollment Number, which you received when you have applied for Aadhar Card.
Date and Time: Enter Accurate Data.
Security Code: Enter the data as shown in the image.
Fill all details and then click on “Check Status”.
How to check the Aadhar Status online without Enrolment?
In case if you have to forget the Enrolment Number or lost the Enrolment Number then also you can check the status of your Aadhar Card by following the step-by-step guide as given below:
1. Firstly visit the government’s official website of UIDAI.
2. You will observe a section of Aadhar Card Services on the bottom of the page, go to the section of “Aadhar Enrolment”.
3. Now click on the link, “Retrieve Lost UID/EID”.
4. Then you will be redirected to another page, where you have to enter all the mandatory details.
5. Now Select UID/EID as per your requirement.
6. Enter your Name, Email and Mobile Number linked with your Aadhar Card and finally enter the text as shown in the image and then click on Get OTP.
7. Now you will receive OTP on the number provided.
8. Enter the OTP you received from your Registered Number.
9. Now click on “Verify”.
10. As soon as you click on verify, within a couple of mins, Aadhar Status will be delivered to your mail or You will receive it via SMS.
You can also check the status of your Aadhar Card using your Phone.
How to check the status of Aadhar Card using Phone?
Step-by-Step procedure to check Aadhar Card Status using Phone is as follows:
1. In order to check the status of Aadhar Card with the help of your phone, you have to type the message or SMS as “UID STATUS”. For example, UID STATUS <14-Digit Enrolment ID>.
2. Now send the SMS on the Number as 51969 in order to view the status of the card.
3. Now you will receive a message based on following conditions:
If your Aadhar Card is generated then your will receive your Aadhar Card Number. If it’s not generated you will be able to know the current status of your Aadhar Card.
How to check the status of your Aadhar Card using the India Post?
You can check the status of your Aadhar Card from any India Post Office Branch. You can also view the status of your Aadhar Card from the India Post’s official website.
As per the rules of UIDAI, you will receive your Aadhar Card via post at your registered address for free. After successful Enrolment of Aadhar card, it will be sent to your registered address within a time span of 2 months.
If you want to know about Aadhar Card and It’s purpose then you can go with here. Aadhar Card. Once you receive the message that your Aadhar Card is ready to download then you can read our guideline on Download Aadhar Card to download Aadhar.
If you want to Link Your Pan Card with your Aadhar Card then you can check complete procedure from here. Link PAN Card with Aadhar.
Importance of Aadhar
Aadhar is the most important document that acts as the Proof of Identity and Proof of Address for a person. The current government led by Honourable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has made eradication of corruption from the country his primary objective and is using Aadhar solely to locate and stop corruption. Aadhar is used to monitor any unnatural financial activity in the bank accounts of possible suspects of corruption. Aadhar submission and linking it to the bank account(s) of the account holders has been made mandatory to enable the government’s crackdown on tax evaders. In addition to vigilance activities Aadhar is also required to get certain benefits from different schemes started by the government. Various uses of Aadhar are as follows.
- Biometric Attendance System: Punctuality has been a great issue in employees engaged in the government sector for decades. Employees have been accused of being late at work and leaving early. A new attendance monitoring system has been introduced based on Aadhar, and it somewhat forces government officials to come on time and leave on time. The time sheet is available for the public to see and the government is also able to monitor it using the Aadhar database.
- Providing Benefits and Subsidies: The government provides a subsidy to LPG users in the form of direct subsidy transfer to the bank accounts linked with the Aadhar of the consumer. Schemes like Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act provide legal entitlement of employment, and if work is not provided to an individual within 15 days of applying then, such individuals are entitled to receive unemployment allowances which are transferred to their bank account through Aadhar.
- Mobile Sim Cards: Submitting Aadhar while purchasing a sim card and new mobile connections enable the connection to be started immediately.
- Passport: Aadhar has been linked with passport, and passport application is now checked, and new passports are delivered within 10 days of Aadhar enabled accounts.
- Prevent Duplicity: Aadhar has been used in states like Telangana and Andhra Pradesh to link the ration cards and prevent duplicity of ration cards. 15 lakh illegal ration cards were surrendered and subsequently canceled.
Aadhar Details Update Request
In the UIDA portal, there are options available to change certain details the enrollee is enrolled with. A person can change his/her address many times in their lifetime so address change requests can be submitted online through the website. If a person wants to make any correction to his Aadhar data online, then all the accepted documents for the relevant fields are available on the UIDAI website which the person has to check and upload a self-attested scanned copy of the relevant documents. Usually, it takes 7 days for the correction to be reflected in the e-aadhar which can be downloaded from the internet.
It can also be done manually through any radar enrollment center. If a person wants to do it manually, then h/she has to visit the enrollment center with a copy of the relevant documents and the original documents. The UIDAI encourages online submission of correction request as it saves a lot of time for the enrollee as well as for the officials. The UIDAI sends a hard copy of the corrected Aadhar to the enrollee through the post. Although many things can be changed online, but the mobile number cannot be updated online as all verifications happen through a mobile one-time password system. To update mobile number one must do it manually from any Aadhar Enrolment Centre. Other than manually through Aadhar enrolment Centre and Online the UIDAI also accepts Aadhar update request through the post. The accepted documents for the correction remains the same as an online request, and the enrollee has to fill up a special form available in the Aadhar website and take a print out of it and enclose all the necessary documents after self-attesting them. All documents need to be sent to UIDAI at the address mentioned on the website.
To update mobile number one must do it manually from any Aadhar Enrolment Centre. Other than manually through Aadhar enrolment Centre and Online the UIDAI also accepts Aadhar update request through the post. The accepted documents for the correction remains the same as an online request, and the enrollee has to fill up a special form available in the Aadhar website and take a print out of it and enclose all the necessary documents after self-attesting them. All documents need to be sent to UIDAI at the address mentioned on the website.
Aadhar is going to be the most important identifying document for everyone in India, and it is advised to everyone that they must get their Aadhar done at the earliest. Aadhar enrolment centers are widely located, and your local ward councilor can tell you your nearest one. Keep your Aadhar safe and use it whenever required.