Aadhar Card Holders must Link their PAN Card for Income Tax Returns: On June 9, 2017, the Supreme Court supported the newly inserted provision by the Income Tax Act that it is ordering linking of Aadhar card with PAN, but currently, it closed this operation.
Moreover, the new provision in Income Tax orders the linking of Aadhar, the Supreme Court stated that all the people who have Aadhar Card have to compulsory link to the PAN Card, while this is not valid for the people who doesn’t possess the Aadhar card.
Aadhar Card Holders must Link their PAN Card for Income Tax Returns
The Supreme Court said that it will not take any action against such people as they are surrounded by their own issues. Also, it said that Aadhar card is Compulsory for all the people who want to apply for a new PAN card. Besides this, all the people who have applied for the Aadhar card and not yet received the Aadhar, have to provide their Enrollment number at the time of filing income tax returns.
Read More: Verify Aadhar Number
Apart from this, the tax provision, initiated by the Centre said that all the people who fill Income Tax without linking Aadhar and PAN card, their PAN card will become Invalid.
On the Contrary, the Central Government said that the linking of PAN with Aadhar card is made in order to eliminate all the fraudulent cases such as identifying all the individuals holding multiple PAN cards.
For all the people who haven’t linked their Aadhar Card with the PAN Card, the IT Department has kept a link on the Income Tax e-filing portal to link for same.
Read More: Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card
How to link Aadhar Card with PAN Card?
Here is the Quick Guide to link Aadhar Card with the PAN card.
- Visit the Official Website of Aadhar card
- Now, enter your login ID and Password. If you haven’t registered yet, then you can register by providing simple details such PAN, name as well as a date of birth.
- Now you have to open the portal under the “Profile Settings” tab. Now, you will view a drop-down menu, click on “Link Aadhar”. You will then view a new form.
- Here you have to enter details such as Name, Date of Birth and Gender in the PAN details. Now, you have to Enter Aadhar card details such as name, date of birth and other Aadhar card details. Lastly, you have to enter the captcha and click on submit.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation message on the registered mobile and as well as on the registered Email address. Click on the link, you are confirmed.
Read More: Lost Aadhar Number
Key points to keep in mind
- When Aadhar card is linked with the PAN Card, you can easily e-verify the Aadhar return if you Aadhar number is registered in the database.
- If the name in both, PAN and Aadhar doesn’t match, you have to provide OTP or EVC in order to proceed with the biased name match.
- Aadhar Card for NRI
- Aadhar Card Centers
- Apply For Aadhar Card
- How to Link your Aadhar Card with Mobile Number
- Documents Required for Aadhar Card Registration